Holistic. Collaborative. Body-Based.
Located in Vancouver Washington
Individual Counseling & Somatic Therapy
What I Do. Why I Do It.
I work with adult individuals living with Chronic Pain and Medical Illness. I am a Somatic or Body-Oriented Mental Health Therapist and trained in EMDR, which means that I utilize our innate mind-body connection as a tool in counseling.
I specialize in, and am passionate about, working with adults of all ages living with Chronic Pain and Medical Illnesses. These almost always have a psychological component, whether it be a new diagnosis or chronic condition.
Using EMDR, body awareness, breath-work, movement, as well as talk therapy, I work with clients to manage pain and develop a healthy relationship with their illness.
My practice expertise also includes anxiety and stress management, depression, life transitions, and support for other helping professionals.
As someone who lives with a chronic illness, I feel that health happens best within community, which is why I take a holistic, integrative, and collaborative wellness approach to both my personal and professional life
What Are Your Rates?
How Do I Pay?
What About Insurance?
Can you relate? You're in the right place!
- Ever since my recent medical diagnosis, I keep having panic attacks
- My partner is supportive, but they have never experienced anything like this so it’s hard for them to relate
- I feel lonely
- I feel guilty that I can’t play with my kids the way I want to because I’m so tired all the time
- I don’t want to use drugs to manage my symptoms anymore
- I hate that my kids have to see me like this
- My doctor didn’t tell me what to expect after giving me my diagnosis
- I don’t want to die, but I don’t want to live in this much pain
- I have trauma from my past that I haven’t dealt with
- I don’t know how to support my partner since their diagnosis